- Safety and Security Tips
We at DirectFN EStore are concerned about the safety and security of your personal information because our customers are very valuable to us. DirectFN EStore will not provide your personal information to any third parties and also ensure the safety and security of your personal information. Secure Http communication channel (SSL) ensures the security of sensitive data communication between the user and the server. And the 128 bit key is used to ensure the safety of your transaction process.
However, you should take measures to protect your DirectFN product subscription passwords.
Here are some security tips to help you:
- Once you login to the subscribed product, change your login password immediately
- It is advisable to use a long alphanumeric password (minimum eight characters) with a combination of mixed case letters. Avoid any dictionary words or personal information as the password
- Change your password on a regular basis
- Refrain from keeping any reference to your passwords
- Be cautious of fraudulent e-mails that attempt to get your password
- When using a public terminal, make sure that you logout from your computer once a transaction is completed
Last updated 30th May 2008
What personal information about customers does DirectFN gather?
The information we collect from customers helps us to personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at DirectFN EStore. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: DirectFN EStore gathers your personal information when you visit our site. Though you can browse this site without giving your personal information, we collect information after you subscribe for DirectFN products. At this time, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- E-mail Communications: Before configuring the selected product, you are required to provide a valid e-mail address as this will be our main method of communication.
DirectFN will communicate with you through e-mail on one or more of the following instances:
- To confirm any subscriptions you make to any one or more of the DirectFN products
- To confirm the payments you made using your credit cards
- To respond to your customer service queries
- To answer any other questions you may have about this site
Does DirectFN share the information it receives?
How secure is my information?
Since the security of your personal information is very important to us as we work to protect your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Which information can I access?
DirectFN gives you access to information about your account for the limited purpose of viewing and in certain cases, updating that information.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Identify phishing e-mails
DirectFN EStore communicates with you through your registered e-mail address. You should be able to distinguish between the e-mails we send and fraudulent e-mails which would request you to provide your personal information and attempt to get your Passwords. Identifying these phishing e-mails would help you to secure your information.
These tips will help you to identify spoofed e-mails:
- You should be vigilant on e-mails that request for your credit card number, DirectFN product password or any other questions regarding your personal information. These phishing e-mails would claim that they are conducting a survey and try to tempt you to come up with your passwords.
- Make sure that the e-mails you receive from DirectFN EStore states our e-mail address as EStoreSupport@directfn.com.
- DirectFN EStore will always address you by your username, but the spoof e-mails will greet you in a generalized manner, such as Dear Customer/Dear Account Holder.
- As DirectFN EStore does not send e-mails that contain any attachments, it is also recommended that you refrain from opening any e-mail attachments from suspicious or unknown sources.